• Creator
    Topic

Wesley Gove
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Daddy’s devils
    Engines: 6cta 430hp

I just redid the injector pump and injectors. Everything went good and smooth until wot then it died out and wouldn’t go above 550 rpm. It was blowing white smoke out the exhaust and crank case breather. I blamed the injector pump timing slipped. I can’t get the timing pin on the engine to move again. I went with calling the over lap between exhaust and intake as tdc. Still nothing. Some people thought it was a blown turbo. Would that stop it from starting though? I’m at a lose right now.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

1——-Your engine needs no turbo to start and run up to at least 2000++ in neutral and it would  seem normal  That is not you issue–Clark hinted the same.    

2————–Why was the pump & injectors re-done? Just curious.    

3———– If it ran good up your the WOT thing, the issue kinda sounds the like the pump injection pump based on the the work you just had done. Gear slipped on the shaft ( there is no key (or something internal??   Pump may t have to go back to the shop?? Bummer    

Clark Leighs
    Participant

No one?????      I am not a mechanic so this is general.

A blown turbo would not prevent the engine from starting.   It would interfere with the buildup of power as you  tried to increase engine rpm.   Also with a stuck or poorly performing turbo the engine would still try to increase revs BUT likely with copius amounts of dark or black smoke.

For the ease of a check pull the air cleaner off and try to spin the rotor, engine OFF.   It should spin easily with your finger and wind down smoothly and not abruptly. 

Did you try to check the odour of the white smoke?     If it is diesel it would likely be acrid, nose and eye burning.

I can’t comment on the slippage of the injector pump timing or the stuck?? timing pin.   Stuck-How?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.