• Creator
    Topic

Roger bing
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Bingo
    Engines: 330 b series

So I noticed a bit of steam out my port exhaust when running the boat at 2250-2300rpm’s. All appeared normal with temps and pyros. I figured the water pumps were due for impellers so I started there. Turns out the port impeller was absolutely destroyed. Im embarrased to even post a picture as I should know better than to let it go so long prior to replacement (1300hrs). How the boat wasn’t in overheat is still a mystery to me. Yesterday, I ran the boat and noticed the steam was a bit better at 2250, but when I opened up to WOT it steaming pretty good when stbd motor wasnt. In addition, I saw the pyro hit 900 degrees for the first time ever. This really was suprising as seawater is only 59 degrees and I dont recall that pyro ever hitting 900 in summertime cooling conditions. When I changed the impeller I reverse flushed the aftercooler and picked a few peices of rubber out of the gear cooler. With that said, I do not think all the missing peices have been found. Is it common for rubber to go past the aftercooler? I am assuming thats my next step here, to remove it and clean. Whatever is in there must be stuck. Would it be worth going as far as the riser? I cant image the rubber getting through the gear cooler and heat exchanger. But ive heard of crazier things on boats. I am also going to monitor coolant level, but I doubt this is a head or manifold issue as there is no smell of glycol. Also, none has needed to be added all season.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Roger bing
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Bingo
    Engines: 330 b series

Thanks!

Thatā€™s some picture… I hope thatā€™s all it is .. youā€™re not fearing anything with water intrusion into air side?

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

Where are my impeller Pieces ??

Get your aftercooler on the bench and all apart.

Tony

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.