• Creator
    Topic

stephen moreschi
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Just A Fluke II
    Engines: 480CE

New member to the site and recently purchased a vessel with a pair of 2003 480CE engines. Ended up changing the fuel coolers while I was changing aftercoolers and trans coolers etc. 

Looked thru a great deal of literature and have not been able to find a procedure on bleeding the air from the system. Engines have Bosch injector with the manual bleed pump. I’m just looking for the procedure on exactly how to use it. Is there a bleed screw that needs to be opened, do I open the return line etc?

Also during the recent sea trail looks like the #1 Injector at the fitting was leaking slightly. according to the mechanic performing the survey he was not able to stop the leak by just tightening. In anyone’s experience have you generally found that leak to be because of a damaged injector or line and fitting.

Regards and I look forward to being an active member on the site.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

Pic attached..  Ign on during the process. Use the squeeze bulb at the same time

Rob Schepis
    Forum Moderator
    Vessel Name: Tenacious
    Engines: 6BTA 5.9 330's - "Seaboard Style"

“Engines have Bosch injector with the manual bleed pump. I’m just looking for the procedure on exactly how to use it. Is there a bleed screw that needs to be opened, do I open the return line etc?”

No, just pump away on the lift pump primer, keep pumping until you hear the squeak which tells you you are pushing the fuel through the return check valve.  Listen carefully for the squeak right around the time your thumb falls off….

Douglas Fairchild
    Participant

Squeeze bulb/valve set up

I replaced all my fuel lines and Racors with Tonys double filter set up with the fuel shut off valves and squeeze bulb.  Never had any problems with priming my fuel system after that.  I’m sure he has an article about it in his tips.  I removed my fuel coolers as they are not really needed on pleasure craft engines.   

Remove fuel line from injector and clean surfaces.  Retighten with Permatex thread sealer.  

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.