glenn111
Participant

Mike, the IR gun makes a lot of sense. My analog gauges have never been accurate. I had a similar situation with my 330’s last year. Port engine ran hotter than stb engine (confirmed by IR gun) and was getting close to setting off the high-temp alarm. I hooked up a Barnacle Buster flush on the Port side for several hours. Connected the output flush hose into the lower zinc inlet of the Port After Cooler using clear/flexible hoses and pluming items from a hardware store. The flush return hose was connected to the output of the engine heat exchanger. There are several good articles hear regarding this procedure. Then connected the hoses to a bilge pump in a 5 gallon bucket of Bar Buster and circulated it as mentioned for several hours. Of course, removed all the anodes (total of three (3) – don’t have anodes on gear box HE) prior to this.
When I put everything back to normal after the flush, I still had higher temps on the Port engine. Then attached a shop vac to the lower zinc of the Port AC sucking out any impeller pieces. Then did a reverse flush with the Barnacle Buster for several more hours. Reconnected everything and NO more higher temps. What I really think “fixed it” was vacuuming the AC at the lower zinc input. If I remember correctly, I found some pieces of impeller in shop vac.