• Creator
    Topic

Wayne Spalding
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Nomad

Hi all, I have a pair of recently installed QSB5.9 380hp with Vessel View 4’s.

Troll mode has been displayed in yellow with (apparently no operational effect ) since installation.
    When I try to disable it, the disable button is greyed out.

When the engines were commissioned, the Cummins Tech noticed this, but brushed it off.

I would like to know if this feature (Troll rpm) and Cruise mode as per the operating manual is available with these QSB engines?

They are controlled by a ZF Mcro Commander throttle system.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

Wayne,

If you figure it out how to incorporate something that is glitch free, reliable, intuitive to use, fulled supported, and something you can troubleshooted if problems occurs, let me know..

At this point in time, those parameters do do exist with my “since 2004” experiences using “Mercury Electronics”, AKA “SmartCraft” or what I am not allowed to call it anymore.in a public forum.

Tony

Wayne Spalding
    Participant

By ‘research’ I mean going through the VV4 manual.

Wayne Spalding
    Participant

Thanks Mike & Tony. My ZF’s do indeed have trolling valves that are operational and I use (for live bait)

From my research, the Trolling feature in the VV4 is not related to the valves. It apparently allows you to select an RPM at which to troll.

The Cruise feature allows you to target an RPM or a speed (with GPS input) at which you can cruise at.

If these features are available in the VV4 on QSB engines, I’d like them enabled for use.

Mike Mason
    Participant
    Engines: Qsb 5.9 380

Mine says the same thing. Troll. Always has. I just live with it.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

Whether or not you have “troll” has nothing to do with the Vessel View display.. Lots of stuff on your display that is not applicable to the engine or transmission.

Back to “troll”.. A trolling valve is physical part of your transmission and not part of your engine. Operation of the trolling valve would be part of the ZF control features, as would the “cruise mode”…………………I need to “see” your gear if you want to know if you have a trolling valve. Good pics showing all would be a start.

Tony

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.