• Creator
    Topic

Bryan Pence
    Participant

Let me preface this by saying I have not purchased any boat to do this in yet, this is just a really wild idea in my mind that I really want to make happen, and would like some input as to what your thoughts or concerns would be.

I am looking at getting a 26-30 foot Baja Sport powerboat if you will, going to get one with a 454 BBC or bigger in it with a Bravo drive to it at minimum.

Now I have always been a diesel guy and would love to do a drop in 6.7 Cummins in this boat… now I know there is alot of people going to say why not just leave it a gas motor… but again I want to be able to say I have a Cummins powered Baja.

I know Cummins makes the new 6.7 and can be gotten with the trans and drive all as one package and currently have the Cummins distributor getting me the pricing on that. But what I want your input on is are there any major challenges you are right away seeing or how much of a pain is this going to be?

I have plenty of very good Cummins mechanics as well as good boat mechanics that are all on board to helping me with this, so I do seem to have the help to get it to work.

Has anyone ever done that swap in a similar sport cruiser style boat? If so pictures and videos would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
    Bryan šŸ™‚

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

I guess this is another one that got missed.. Sorry..

Before I get into the “has anyone done this” , (I have) let me ask you this……………..Do you have a general “budget” for such a project and do you have a general sketch or some pictures of what you have now vs, what you want to end up with..

That would make it a lot easier to comment effectively..

Tony

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.