• Creator
    Topic

chrism6784
    Participant

So I’m trying to figure out easiest way to perform oil change. My qsc do not have the oil changing pump installed. What part can I buy to make this job quicker and cleaner? Also any tips or tricks on pricing and
    What not

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Rob Schepis
    Forum Moderator
    Vessel Name: Tenacious
    Engines: 6BTA 5.9 330's - "Seaboard Style"

Ok perfect and this may sound stupid but, will oil come out of that house attached to the oil pan without any pump on the other end? Or does it need to be pumped out

Depends how low you can get your drain pan. I use gravity and a drain pan on my current boat. It could be quicker with a pump but this is simple enough. I have the the Jabsco bucket mounted pump portable oil changer for when gravity is not on your side…

chrism6784
    Participant

Tony do you recommend any pump in particular I should use??
    Electric would be best I think

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

THINK GRAVITY vs. TIME.

1 user thanked author for this post.

chrism6784
    Participant

Ok perfect and this may sound stupid but, will oil come out of that house attached to the oil pan without any pump on the other end? Or does it need to be pumped out

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

Picture attached of a typical factory supplied oil drain line.. It could be on either side. 1/2″ NPT thread–Easy to extend or adapt to–Just use a high quality ball valve on the end of the hose and good oil rated hose & fittings from there to extend–We happen like 1/2″ ID A1 Fuel hose for the extension after the valve.

Tony

Mike Mason
    Participant
    Engines: Qsb 5.9 380

I use the hand pump from west marine. No issues at all. Hook up to the drain line and suck the oil out. Usually fills 3 times before all the oil is out. Takes about 15 minutes to drain with the transfers etc.

chrism6784
    Participant

yes im hoping he can suggest something for me. I keep trying to find video or parts for qsc and I cant anywhere online for anything I need or want to do ever.
    what kind of pump are you using, model?
    I don’t mind having a pump connect to each hose and go from engine to engine…..what size fittings you need to connect to that hose and how do you do it

Luke Nelson
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Southern Image
    Engines: QSC 8.3 540hp

I’m lazy and run a single electric gear pump. I have the hose from the sump that sits capped and move the pump from engine to engine , then pump the oil back in.

I’m sure tony will have a system for you.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.