• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by John.
  • Creator
    Topic

Kyle G
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Instigator
    Engines: QSC 8.3

I just wanted to give a huge thanks to Justin at SBMAR.
    Last week, I noticed that I started to loose power on my QSC 8.3 with about 1630hrs. I was happening randomly and the seem to resolve. Yesterday it did it again. It almost felt like the engine was surging. Some things that I noticed was the engine was burning 4-6gals an hour more than normal. Engine load was showing 97% load at 86% throttle about 2350rpm. The engine finally threw a code on my vessel view. 281 Cyl Press Imbalance error. https://www.blog-teknisi.com/2018/08/spn-1347-fmi-7-fault-code-281.html
    I was thinking that I needed to replace my fuel pump. I called SBMAR this morning to try and get a direction to trouble shoot. They suggested replacing the fuel actuator and then try the fuel pressure sensor. I was on a time crunch to trouble shoot while the boat was still in the water. my local Cummins dealer had both parts in stock so I picked them up. I changed the actuator first and noticed the same issue about 100yards away from my dock. I went back and replaced the fuel sensor and went for another ride. No issues after about 30-45mins of use.
    Again, huge thanks to Justin

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies

John
    Participant
    Engines: QSCs

Good to hear and yeah, Justin’s always quite helpful and a huge asset to SBMAR and its customers.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.