• Creator
    Topic

Garry Lightfoot
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Dixie Roma
    Engines: 6bta 5.9

I have a 2000 Riviera flybridge w/ 6bta 370 hp Cummins. I bought the boat used a couple of years ago. It had been sitting for 2-3years. After survey did complete bottom job. Blasted to gel coat, new paint, thru hulls and props. Emailed Riviera and put the exact spec props that were on the boat. 19 x 23 cupped. After cleaning aftercoolers, heat exchangers all filters. Installing your ccv system, stopping boost leaks etc I am still having some issues. Port engine wants to jump to 210 by gauge very quickly while starboard runs 185 steady. After all the repairs I have gone from 2600 rpm to 3400 rpm no load. Hauled and washed bottom and props and got 2950 rpm under load and 24 mph before port engine hit 210. Backed off working on heat issue. Question is on the rpmā€™s. Am I close or am I probably over propped. Thanks

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Rob Schepis
    Forum Moderator
    Vessel Name: Tenacious
    Engines: 6BTA 5.9 330's - "Seaboard Style"

3,400 no load for that engine is good but you were previously 800 rpm short on no load?

Loaded they need to see ~3,150. Get your overheat issue squared away first before you do damage with more WOT sea trials.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.