• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by john.
  • Creator
    Topic

John Kurtz
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Black Duck
    Engines: GM 350

Thinking of repowering a 1987 26′ shamrock stalker…..used mainly in freshwater lake but would like to trailer the boat to the coast for some fishing and diving adventures
    I was thinking about 380 ish hp. Boat weighs about 6000 pounds dry with the 350. Would like to gain speed, fuel efficiency, and dependability
    Currently has port and starboard fuel tanks 54 gal each
    Also have some concerns about prop clearance shaft size running gear etc. This would be lots. More torque on the shaft might even have to change shaft size
    Engine sits under the center console and and drive gear is easily accessible. Forgot that it has a bw 1701 so that would have to be changed as well
    if anyone has any experience or ideas about this project your comments would be greatly appreciated.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies

john
    Participant

I take it you want to put a diesel in it. I’m a big fan of shamrocks. They put a lot b series in the 26 shamrocks. Most were 210 hp. Big difference from that and 380 hp. Personally I think I would look for one of those. You have a ton of issues to deal with. Exhaust, fuel returns, shaft sizing, will it fit, prop clearance to name a few. This site has a lot of info on shamrocks https://forum.classicshamrock.net/ Great project though good luck!

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.