• Creator
    Topic

Will
    Participant

Cummins QSB 6.7 2020, I have a 3 switch panel Enable,start and stop switches. My start switch was failing working sometimes sometimes not. Replaced the original with a blue seas switch. Tested a few times starting the motor a ok. Put the panel back together and then I lost power to panel. When I put the enable switch on I have no power to panel or my display. Checked all the conections , in line 50 amp fuse off the battery. Any help appreciated thanks ….Will

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Paul Vlug
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Get Reel
    Engines: Iveco 5.9

Hi, I had the same problem on my qsb6.7, started intermittently then a hard fault, turned out to be the cable from the engine to the helm ie to that switch panel, Cummins supplied a new 10 meter cable under warranty.

Clark Leighs
    Participant

Have you actually chased the wiring and checked for voltage all the way.

Fuses and cct. breakers  can fail without any outward signs.   Check them that they are indeed allowing power through. 

If there is a CCt breaker  and it has tripped don’t just look at it.   Some of them may only trip the handle a very few degrees so difficult to see if it has actually tripped.     Also  unless you actually move the handle full range it will not reset.

Have you checked the switches?   Maybe that  ENABLE sw. has a problem.

Are you positive you wired it properly, the panel.     It’s odd that it failed after you finished the installation.         Maybe a wire was dislodged.  Have a really good, hard look.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.