• Creator
    Topic

Shawn
    Participant

Anybody have pics of these installed on a 6bta? I seen the 6cta (I think) on this site but it looks like the tank might be bigger. I’d like to put them on the sides just like that though. How’s installation? I need to put fitting in the bottom the the tank and then the top one can go over to the starboard side of the tank where all of the plugs are?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Shawn
    Participant

I managed to find a post showing exactly what I need to do.

Shawn
    Participant

I’m still a bit confused by this. Probably daft even, as I’ve never seen or experienced one before, only the few pictures here and the instructions are almost in another language to me. Is it possible to install on the engine room wall or do I need it on the engine tank?

Does the gauge need to be installed between the low level and high level of the coolant tank in order to function correctly?

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

Murphy Install Instructions

Read thru this to where you understand the basic principles as to what needs to be accomplished.. The engine make or tank you mount it on does not matter, it’s how it in mounted..

Tony

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

Murphy Coolant Level Gauge Install

#1—————Read the installations instructions.

#2—————-Understand what you are trying to accomplish.

#3—– Once you do that, then the “tank” or engine does not matter.. Your “accommodate” the location to the high & low of the tank.

#4————pics attached on various installs..

Tony

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.