• Creator
    Topic

Corey Schmidt
    Forum Moderator
    Vessel Name: Rebel Belle
    Engines: Cummins

This post is meant to notify the boating community that have Q-series mid-range Cummins diesels that the latest release (~2018-2019) of the Mercury NMEA gateways have a firmware issue that prevents engine data to be relayed properly to NMEA devices (MFD’s). If you have recently purchased a gateway and are experiencing issues with the install, you will need to call Mercury support and send in the gateway to be “re-flashed”.

Typical symptom is that the NMEA device can be “seen” by the networked devices but no data transmits…

Mercury support: 1 (920) 929-5040

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Corey Schmidt
    Forum Moderator
    Vessel Name: Rebel Belle
    Engines: Cummins

Yes, the gateways we have on our website are 100% compatible with the older QSC 8.3 engines and have already been re-flashed.

Dave Carlson
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Bec'n Me
    Engines: 500 QSC

Corey

Thanks for all the info on this problem.

I called Mercury last week as per our conversation on Thursday. They did not want me to send my gateway back without doing some things to prove it was in need of a re-flash, some of which were not possible with my older smartcraft. I instead sent it back to the other vendor where it was purchased and would like to order one from SBM today. My question for you is has this gateway you currently sell been used on the older QSC’s like mine? The reason I ask is it has a different part number than the gateways mentioned in the other postings from April.

Thanks to you and SBM for all the knowledge displayed on this forum!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.