• Creator
    Topic

Bill Fuller
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Audax
    Engines: Yanmar 4LHA-STE

Just for fun, I thought I would post a picture of my tachs taken yesterday while fishing.
    I was prompted to post as somewhere a while back I heard skepticism on a boat for sale regarding both the port and starboard tachs reading exactly the same.
    Bill F.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Bill Fuller
    Participant

What would you like to know.
    Glad to share my experiences with you.
    Great boat.
    I have owned mine for 30 years.
    Many hours.
    Bill

christy bode
    Participant

I came across your posts about your Bertram and were looking to purchase one. Wanted to get some information if you donā€™t mind sharing.
    Thanks
    Christy

Just for fun, I thought I would post a picture of my tachs taken yesterday while fishing.

I was prompted to post as somewhere a while back I heard skepticism on a boat for sale regarding both the port and starboard tachs reading exactly the same.

Bill F.

Bill Fuller
    Participant

Good morning Rob,
    Yes the 1300 RPM is tuna trolling speed (usually 1250-1400 depending on conditions).
    I am not fanatical about keeping the meters the same but do try to keep them close.
    Primarily for maintenance purposes. I fresh water flush after every trip and am able to adjust the hour meters by which motor I flush first. On the rare occasion when I have had one off by an hour or a couple of hours I just slowly adjust. I happened to look at the meters when they read 5555.2 and said wow, that’s cool. Then it hit me, in a few minutes I could get the 5555.5 shot. Actually the port motor is a few minutes ahead of the starboard and went to .6 just a little after the starboard went to .5. Anyway, a small diversion on a very slow day of fishing.
    Bill F.

Rob Schepis
    Forum Moderator
    Vessel Name: Tenacious
    Engines: 6BTA 5.9 330's - "Seaboard Style"

Cool shot Bill and Wow – those hour meters are Swiss Watch Accurate! Is that tuna trolling rpm/speed?

My Aetna’s now have about 800 hours on them and the meters are off by 5.5 hours, ridiculous. Here’s a shot of the Pre-Aetna Cummins VDO take-outs, those meters were very close…

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.