• Creator
    Topic

donald roth
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Paumalu
    Engines: Cummins 6BT 180 hp

I’ve got a Hynautic helm pump that dribbles a bit from the shaft seal, which crumbled on disassembly, so I dont even have a sample part to match.
    The helm pump lacks any kind of ID plate or stamp, wondered if anyone was familiar enough with these items to identify it?
    Thanks!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

Parts have always been fair priced………….Sounds like you are “going for it”..

Take some pics along the way and post what is involved.. It’s really nice to share what you “see” and learn to help others.. ..

Tony

donald roth
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Paumalu
    Engines: Cummins 6BT 180 hp

Tony, thanks for the ID help!
    I got in touch with Seatech Marine, they were very helpful on the phone, and shipped the right parts out at a very reasonable price.

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

It’s either a H41 or H42.. The difference is the internal volume ( 4″ vs 5.5″ per rev).. Basically they are “double pumps” built from the H21 or H25 put together as one. They usually are stamped “someplace’

A very good, but very old design, and is extremely tricky to work on.. Not for the timid minded. Think of it as dissembling a very complex “watch” that needs to be properly timed when put back together.. .. I walked away from one about 25 yrs ago after I took it apart.

You should be able to “google” some stuff on them.

Tony

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.