• Creator
    Topic

John DiFilippo
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Fast Pace
    Engines: Cummins

I have a 1999 6CTA on my last three trip out my engine has stalled twice at 700 rpm, I was in a no wake zone going against the current and the third
    time I was underway going 2000 rpm 16 kt, and it suddenly shuts off. All three times the engine restarts without a problem and doesn’t stall the
    the rest of my fishing trip which are 40 kt miles, I have SMX Multi stage fuel filtration system, filter where changes this year so I don’t think it fuel . ?? Fuel shutoff solenoid Thanks for your help

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

What 6CTA ??

John,

Maybe there is some confusion here as to what EXACT engine you have.. Post a few good pics of the injection pump side of the engine, AND an engine serial number…

Tony

JJM
    Participant
    Engines: Cummins 480 CE

Sounds like maybe intermittent crank positioning sensor. I would check any faults for that and also possibly TPS sensor if there is one on these. I would imagine at 99 you dont have diesel craft? I believe that rolled out around 2002 -2003. Always start with the basics.

Rob Schepis
    Forum Moderator
    Vessel Name: Tenacious
    Engines: 6BTA 5.9 330's - "Seaboard Style"

Have you checked the connections at the engine mounted circuit breaker? Plenty on this site about it to be found via the search function.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.