• Creator
    Topic

thomas gray
    Participant
    Vessel Name: well adjusted
    Engines: cummins 6bta

im removing cummins 6bta’s 2003 form my boat.i have no problems with vibration just general clean up and replacing parts.What are indications on barry mounts 3349230 that they should be replaced or is it just a good practice after 15yrs to replace.Thanx for help.i can send pictures if it helps

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

Barry Mount Loading

Attached is the last thing that I have come across put in print about Barry Mont loading and “snubber clearances”…This came after the CMD Barry Mont notes from a few years before

Tony

Rob Schepis
    Forum Moderator
    Vessel Name: Tenacious
    Engines: 6BTA 5.9 330's - "Seaboard Style"

Further to my earlier post, also keep in mind that upon changing out the mounts there is always a chance that there is something that will need attention as to the fastening to the engine bed or stringer, such as stripped holes, problematic fasteners or such. Again much easier to deal with the engines out. Here’s a 17 year old failing mount – basically zero as to marine age but the isolator is done.

Rob Schepis
    Forum Moderator
    Vessel Name: Tenacious
    Engines: 6BTA 5.9 330's - "Seaboard Style"

15 years, if it were me there is no question there, change them out – the savings in the bloody knuckle labor amount of work to change them out in place versus the near zero work changing them out with the engine’s pulled is well worth the price of admission…

Corey Schmidt
    Forum Moderator
    Vessel Name: Rebel Belle
    Engines: Cummins

What are the clearances on the bottom rubber snubber? The snubber should be sitting about half way between the mount and the stringer… if it’s sitting lower or bottomed-out, then they will need to be replaced…

Got any good pictures?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.