• This topic has 10 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Dan.
  • Creator
    Topic

john
    Participant

I see Seaboard has bronze in line flush fittings for cummins engines. Is there any more sizes available? I’m looking for different barb end sizes. I have a few boats I work on that I would really like to add the ability to flush easier. Most of the boats are live aboards. 1 1/4 ,1 1/2 1 inch. I probably can cobble something together but those bronze fittings are real nice.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Dan
    Participant
    Engines: Cummins

For some reason the forum won’t allow me to post direct links

Try here
    http://www.marineeast.com/a_sch/sch_lst.asp?cid=1

and here

http://www.marineeast.com/a_sch/sch_det.asp?cid=03&pid=03_02

The banjo fittings are bulletproof this where you looked?

http://www.banjovalves.com

1 user thanked author for this post.

Brad Arrington
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Jennifer B.
    Engines: QSC 8.3 600

Composite fittings

If your’e not hung up on using bronze have a look at the smaller composite glass reinforced fittings available from Trudesign and Marelon, both are rated for use below the waterline.

Trudesign make fittings in BSP or NPS straight,the distributor for them in the US is Raritan.

Another option for composite reinforced fittings is Banjo fittings,these may look like cheap PVC fittings online but thats not the case,these are are great for putting together FW flush systems and manifolds/valves.

I have no issue with composite fittings. I just looked at both Tru Design and Banjo. The issue remains of having to cobble together different bits and bobs. I could use the Tru Design tees, then add the barbs to either side for the raw water. The fresh water will be 1/2 inch and a reducer is needed. Tru Design does make any threaded reducers though to get a 2″ tee down to 1/2″. Banjo makes some reducing bushings and nipples that could work. Research continues.

Dan
    Participant
    Engines: Cummins

Fittings

If your’e not hung up on using bronze have a look at the smaller composite glass reinforced fittings available from Trudesign and Marelon, both are rated for use below the waterline.

Trudesign make fittings in BSP or NPS straight,the distributor for them in the US is Raritan.

Another option for composite reinforced fittings is Banjo fittings,these may look like cheap PVC fittings online but thats not the case,these are are great for putting together FW flush systems and manifolds/valves.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Brad Arrington
    Participant

No, I haven’t found any smaller sizes for my gen and AC system (that are similar to what Tony is offering. I’m starting to think about it again as a spring project.

No, I haven’t found any smaller sizes for my gen and AC system (3/4″ and 1″ respectively) that are similar to what Tony is offering. Tony’s strainer-top flush valves don’t fit my strainers either as they are too large.

I’m starting to think about it again as a spring project. Readily available are bronze Tee’s that are threaded. I’m starting to think that the only viable method for the smaller lines is to get one of these tee’s and thread in a pipe to hose adapter, then cobble together a bunch of parts for the flush fitting.

ciscokid69
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Turn Point
    Engines: Cummins QSB 6.7

Bronze smaller Fittings.

Brad, Did you find a source for smaller sizes? I would like to size for the genset.

Wayne Spalding
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Nomad

QSB5.9’s. 6kw genset
    I just modified the top plates of the strainers- welded SS fittings- clip on a 3/4 dock hose, run for 5mins ( taste tested) genset does not require closing of seacock, engines do.

donald roth
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Paumalu
    Engines: Cummins 6BT 180 hp

Tapered threads are standard on pipe fittings, for obvious reasons.
    Is there a compelling reason to use straight threads?
    Reducing bushings are used to step down pipe sizes without burning up a lot of space.
    I prefer to introduce the fresh water between the strainer and the pump so that the strainer gets a backflush after the motor is turned off.

Brad Arrington
    Participant

Also need smaller tee fittings.

I also am looking for the bronze tee fittings in smaller sizes. I’m trying to make a flush system for my main engine (2″ hose), generator (3/4″ hose) and A/C system (1″ hose). So far I can’t find the SB Mar bronze tee that fits smaller hoses.

Like John I’d love to be able to get these tees for hoses smaller than 1.5 and 2″ hoses. And with NPT vs. NPS threads. All the fittings I’ve seen that I could use have tapered thread. Even the optional flow alarm switch has NPT threads.

Attached is a diagram of what I want to do plus the sizes of fittings I would need.

john
    Participant

I will take some pictures and mark them up. One is kind of weird hose sizes. It’s a Taiwanese trawler and it is not 1 3/4 or two inch feed hose to the raw water pump. The genset is 1 inch feed I think I would like to make them easy to flush out. It sits for long periods of time so would rather it sit with a fresh water flush.

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

Make a simple sketch of what you are trying to accomplish..

Tony

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.