• Creator
    Topic

Mark Tripi
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Keeper
    Engines: Cummins 4BTA

In addition to removing the Sherwood r/w pumps from my 4 BTAs, I had to replace the after coolers. After almost 20 years they started leaking and luckily I found it before the season and before I ate both engines. As the original after cooler is NLA, I went with the Bowman coolers. I mounted them on an aluminum angle, had a flange welded onto the discharge for the air heater and went to work mounting them. I will test run the engines on the shop floor next week, and after I clean the bilges and install a new w/h, in they go.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Mark Tripi
    Participant

this is the tool if you don’t have a machine

Mark Tripi
    Participant

Thank you for the compliment. I tried my best to repair what I had but it was not worth the effort. First thing I did was pull the Bowmans apart tp service them and I was surprised, looks first rate. The only other thing I needed was a tool to bead the end of the piping so the hoses did not blow off. I found a tool online called the Jobber Do, $60 plus tax. Does a great job.I will try and take shots next week. I’ll give you the part numbers also if you like.

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

Looks like you are a VERY HANDS-ON guy……………. Work looks 1st class..I think you will like the Bowman Aftercoolers.

That are very well made, but like all factory assembled aftercoolers made from mixed metal alloys ( brass alloys , bronze alloys, aluminum, & Cu-NI, they need to be taken apart when NEW and reassembled with “Alco MetaLube”……….

Can you send me these picture direct in high resolution?

[email protected]

Tony

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.