• Creator
    Topic

jetlag
    Participant

Is there a way to check engine mount integrity ?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies

jetlag
    Participant

Motor Mount Pictures

More Pictures

jetlag
    Participant

Pictures of 6CTA Engine Mounts

Here are some pictures of the engine mounts on my starboard engine.
    I have checked the prop (twice), checked the shaft, struts and bushings, engine alignment. There is no noticeable vibration at the helm I noticed the engine vibrating more than the starboard engine when I went below to check my shaft seals while underway (2000 rpm) At an idle there is no vibration (both engines look the same)

Rob Schepis
    Forum Moderator
    Vessel Name: Tenacious
    Engines: 6BTA 5.9 330's - "Seaboard Style"

Barry Mounts

Here’s some good literature re: Barry Mounts

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

For anyone to even come close to helping this question concerning engine mount and or isolator integrity on marine engines, you’d have to supply 8 pictures ( 2 of each mount, clear & in-focus from 2 distinct views) like in the attached article and send them to “someone” that speaks this language as least as good as me.. ……….The “eyes” on this forum, need to see what you see………………………….. No other way.

Vibration Isolator & Engine Mount Views

If are willing, so am I along w/ some of the other pros here that also have some very good eyes (maybe better than mine in many cases) ……

Of course, you could also hire Rob S to come down for a personal inspection……..Guaranteed he’d sort you out…..His “eyes” are like no other..

Tony

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.