• Creator
    Topic

Keith Giler
    Participant
    Engines: 6CTA 450

I recently purchased a 43 Riv with 6CTA 450’s. Sea trial went great and both motors were running at 175 degrees at all throttles levels. During the sale we had one AC replaced and serviced the other. When I was bringing her from Ventura to Oxnard the port motor started creeping up past 1700RPM, ent as high as 200 before I pulled it back to 1700 and went right back to 175. This leads me to think its a water flow issue. So I Had the entire raw water system serviced HX’s, trans coolers, oil, impellers, filters, etc. Took her back out and the same thing happened, everything was good until I went past 1700. I rechecked the sea strainers and pulled out a few adult muscles. The boat is 20years old and My diver suggested to haul the boat, pull the screens off and see what’s in there. He also suggested pulling the mail raw water hoses off and looking in there too. That is being done this week. Any thoughts on what else it may be?? Thanks.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

frank2
    Participant

Similar problem

Hello, I am having a similar problem. Can you pleas elaborate on a solution if you have solved the problem?
    Thanks

Keith Giler
    Participant
    Engines: 6CTA 450

Ill call you

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

Who did the work? You are local to me.

Were the aftercoolers, heat exchangers, gear coolers, seawater pumps removed from the engines for service?

You said the entire seawater system was serviced.

Tony

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.